Career Opportunity at HOV Bangladesh
Currently there is no job opening, stay connected us for future opening.
We have an immediate opening for an “Executive Officer” to support the operation of our non-profit organization that promotes volunteerism among university students and implements various volunteer projects in Bangladesh.
This is a key role because it is often the first point of contact for volunteers and stakeholders meeting or calling us. It also provides important support for the development of its volunteer network in Bangladesh
This is full time, 8-month contract job with the possibility of increasing contract or offer full-time position. Deadline: On or before 15th October 2019
Please send your Cover Letter (1 page), Resume (max 2 page) including at least 2 References to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be Executive Officer- Your Name
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communication: Work as the initial point of contact of HOV Bangladesh, manage all internal and external communication such as meeting invitation, volunteer communication, attending events on behalf of HOV.
Liaison with volunteer chapters: Actively engage and energize volunteers through maintaining strong liaison with chapters, facilitate inter-chapter meetings and activities, provide support in organizing inter-chapter events.
Documentation: Meeting Minutes, Membership Database, Financial records, budget, banking & other official documents, inventory HOV equipment’s and properties.
Event and Project Management: Take a lead to organize HOV events, provide the necessary support to all project teams and perform the assigned job of HOV programs/projects.
Follow-up and Monitor: Follow-up and Monitor HOV projects regular basis, address and solve problem by taking help from respective Executive Committee officers.
Managing service providers: Develop and align service providers with HOV values and way of working, ensure on-time delivery of all outsource services.
Research: Research resources to find new opportunities to connect with potential volunteers, organizations, sponsors and relevant stakeholders.
- A commitment to diversity, civic engagement, and community service
- University Graduate with maximum age 30
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, collaborative, and self-directed
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to organizational planning
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) applications, Google Drive, Internet Research
- Comfort with online communication and social media
- Knowledge on any graphical software would be added advantage
- Small event management and organizing skill
- 42.5 hours per week with flexible working hours and days, also working from home option
- Experience of extracurricular activities or volunteering is a must
Location and Travel
This position will be based in Dhaka and work at our shared offices in Dhaka. Required Travel within Dhaka mostly.
Compensation and Reporting
Salary range BDT 15,000-18,000/month; festival bonus; will provide mobile phone cost and personal laptop for office use only. This position will report to the Executive Director and closely work along with Executive Committee member and other assigned personnel.
By joining our organization, you will be making a significant contribution to bringing positive change to the society by developing a vibrant youth volunteer platform.